[opendtv] Re: OTA DTV experience

  • From: flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:29:15 -0500

Albert Manfredi wrote:

It seems that the 3-unit inventory is a chain-wide edict for Circuit City.

It continues to really astound me that the sort of good, low cost hardware that would be likely to get people to try out DTT has been kept squirreled away by some unknown group of GBs (greedy bas_____), for the past couple of years or more. And even now, these same GBs are keeping it in short supply.

You don't suppose Circuit City and other Consumer Electronics stores are being advised by the cable and satellite interests to keep the OTA box sales low?

I heard some cable systems will drop a local service if the station promotes it's OTA program availability.

To that end, all of the Philadelphia stations promote their digital 'cable' channel numbers but never mention their OTA digital channels.