[opendtv] Non ATSC Table A3 bitstream, Part 2

  • From: Ron Economos <k6mpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:03:13 -0800

I've found another ATSC bitstream with non Table A3 video.
This time, it was right in my backyard (Silicon Valley) from
the local PAX station, KKPX-DT. I had noticed that they
had started multicasting 4 sub-channels and took a capture
to see what bitrates they were using. The analog simulcast
sub-channel was 704x480 at 5 Mbps, but the 3 additional
sub-channels were 544x480 at 5 Mbps (except for the
last sub-channel at 2 Mbps).

The 544x480 sub-channels decode perfectly on my Samsung
T-165.

Ron