[opendtv] Re: Noise Figure

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:04:56 -0800

Bert wrote:
> Thanks, Ron. Which means that if A/74 specifies sensitivity,
> bandwidth, and C/N margin requirements at TOV, in effect it
> is specifying a noise figure. Alternatively, A/74 could have
> specified a noise figure, bandwidth, and C/N margin instead,
> and left sensitivity unspecified.
>
> It all comes out in the wash.

Ron made it quite clear, I stand corrected.

Back to the original discussion re: converter box performance. If DTV
reception was available in my location I could do comparative testing.
Alternately, perhaps one of the Zenith boxes could be tested by Mark S.
Are the converter boxes used by John S. and the PBS stations available for
purchase? Was a Zenith model number included in John's report, which I
unfortunately no longer have?

Dale