[opendtv] Re: No surprise, Telia's LTE not as fast as promised

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:52:08 -0800

In other words, a CDMA iPhone.

Ron

On 1/27/2010 7:33 AM, John Shutt wrote:
Rumor has it that Apple will announce a Verizon iPhone today. We shall see what Steve Jobs has to say.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Oh yeah, he was supposed to make some other announcement, too, about a keyboardless computer of some sort. Must be the Macbook Wheel. http://www.theonion.com/content/video/apple_introduces_revolutionary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Birkmaier" <craig@xxxxxxxxx>

CDMA and GSM voice services will eventually be replaced with IP telephony over the 4G networks. Investing more in a CDMA based data network only exacerbates the problems we have in this country with competing standards...