[opendtv] Re: (No To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:33:27 -0500

John Shutt wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug McDonald" <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 4:08 PM
Subject: [opendtv] Re: (No To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard Hollandsworth wrote:
This appears to be simply more detailed data released from the Feb study.

No one puts any credence in the Centris study:
http://www.tvtechnology.com/pages/s.0015/t.11299.html

Because the Centris study simply used www.antennaweb.com <http://www.antennaweb.com/> to predict coverage,

REALLY??

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

(A rhetorical question ... you don't ...)

Hint: look carefully! You'll figure it out.

Doug McDonald

Doug Lung from TV Technology seems to think so.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/pages/s.0115/t.11319.html

"While I have not seen the actual study, examination of information about the study available to the public and the press indicates the study was done using the Consumer Electronics Association's www.antennaweb.org Web site, entering zip codes at five-mile intervals from the TV towers in a 60 to 75 mile radius "corresponding to the FCC-identified service contours." "

John

Look carefully! I was comparing .com  ... a spam site ... to .org

I should add that antennaweb.org ... the real thing ... has our
most powerful station as needing a "purple" antenna ... it really needs
a paper clip.

Doug