[opendtv] Re: No Commentary on Fox/NASCAR Broadcast

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:00:58 -0700

That makes more sense than my stereo phase reversal theory, which couldn't
happen in the digital world, once the audio was mixed and encoded into 5.1.
Some network DTV signals are distributed in such a way that they can be
taken to base band by local stations and are encoded into the ATSC stream
locally. Fox, as I recall, sends their network signal pre encoded into the
19.3 MBs stream so there seems no chance of such a problem being introduced
at a local station.

Dale