[opendtv] Re: Nine ways Apple, Inc. just changed the landscape of consumer electronics

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:42:29 -0800

iPhone?  I thought that was a trademark of Cisco and used in the marketplace
by their Linksys subsidiary for a year or more.  An article in today's paper
says that Apple and Cisco were in talks about use of the trademark for
months, but Apple hadn't inked it before Job's announcement.

Now, they're being sued by Cisco, and they will probably be hit for willful
infringement.  Good to see that the Apple reality-distortion-field is still
well in place.

John Willkie