[opendtv] Re: Nielsen stats on TV in US households

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:22:29 -0400

Given that the bulk of the audience for any TV show is still watching on CRTs, that's what still makes sense for monitoring.

TTFN,
Mark

Barry Brown wrote:
Mark,

This probably doesn't affect you in your work that much, but I've been very disappointed with many of the episodic network HD programs whose LDs seem to prefer to use all low key lighting in their work. These programs certainly don't look very good on current HD-LCD screens. I'm sure all of them are still using CRTs for conforming.

Barry Brown