[opendtv] Re: Next-Gen TV Standard: DVB With A Twist? | TVNewsCheck.com

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:18:14 -0400

On 8/31/2013 8:03 PM, Albert Manfredi wrote:

Another thing I wish we could find out is, just what are the results of
these latest ATSC vs DVB-T2 comparisons? At 3.3 b/s/Hz, or close to
that, how do the current generation ATSC receivers compare?

What are the LATEST ATSC receivers?

All I found just now was the same Channel Master 7001 that's been on the market for a long time.
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=cm-7001&d=channel-master-cm7001-atsc/qam/ntsc-digital-hd-antenna-tuner-cm-7001&sku=020572070010&utm_campaign=base&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_base

That and some new "car" receivers.

Are there other newer generation receivers? Where are they listed? How do they compare to the older rcvrs. like the Channel Master above? What is the newest generation number today?

Cliff