[opendtv] Re: News: WirelessHD Consortium

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:16:49 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

pshaw.  You've never contemplated the power necessary to throw a 60-ghz signal,
nor the parabolic reflectors.

You and others are looking for solutions to the "last mile" problem.  At best,
this would solve the "last inch" problem.  Did you notice the 30-foot distance
criteria? This was in the press release.  I'd call your reaction "premature"
something.

it will solve needing a $5 25-foot coax cable.  Wow!  Imagine if they could
double the distance!  You could use it in the back yard!  That's very
disruptive technology!

pant and pant, Bob.