[opendtv] Re: [News] Tivo wins patent suit against E*

  • From: Brian Park <floman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:40:04 -0500

If this survives the appeals, won't E* have to change their software in
existing set tops to avoid the patent infringement? So the thousands of
even more little guys who have E* set tops will no longer have the
recording capabilities they've been paying for since they got the box -
like me. Will I buy a TIVO to compensate? Don't think so.

Why not just settle and license the patent to E*? TIVO would make a lot
more money that way. Too many egos in the way?

bp