[opendtv] Re: News: The Real Fight Over Fake News

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:37:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

ah, now that's an argument that I have heard, not that I agree with it.

Have you ever looked into the Outdoor Channel (as opposed to the Outdoor Life
Channel [now known as Versus?]

The main difference; the Outdoor channel is independently owned, and includes
coverage of guns and hunting in the mix.  Versus has Rodeo (or did), and is
owned by Comcast.

You can easily watch Versus; but the Outdoor Channel is generally only seen on
independently-owned cable systems.

This is the real sitution with 'bundling.'

A contrary development -- the spinning off of Time-Warner's Cable assets.  In
otherwords, disintermediating the content from distribution.  Something to keep
an eye on.

John Willkie, who thinks the Disney Channel is rather expensive to program,
just not in comparison with ESPN.