[opendtv] Re: News: The Real Fight Over Fake News

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:18:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

"for the most part" is weasel-phrasing.

If you get encrypted channels -- I don't believe there exists the concept of an
open key in this world -- yuo have cracked them, and Section 705 ("Privacy of
Communication) of the Communications Act comes into play.

If you are able to watch at least one channel that should have been encrypted,
that's simply the problem/fault of the cable company.

I kind of wonder how cable is able to charge for digital when you have access
to many digital cable channels when you hook up a DTV receiver to cable.

Boy, that's hot news.  Cable is easier to use than an antenna.  Wait until this
news gets out?  Next thing, you'll be telling us that more channels are
available on cable than over the air!