[opendtv] Re: News: The Real Fight Over Fake News

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 20:14:56 -0400

Tom Barry wrote:

> Sorry, I can't quote any numbers or hard facts, only my own
> opinion picked up from hanging out on AVS and from shopping
> for a low end LCD when my projector bulb popped a few months
> ago.

Lacking a ready-made report on this, it's easy enough for individuals to
figure it out on their own, to the extent they have the time and
patience. All you have to do is go to a site like Best Buy, list as many
individual TV models from their lineup as you care to, then go to the
manufacturers' web sites and read their specs for each model you listed.

Best Buy won't typically tell you if the sets they sell have clear QAM,
but the manufacturers' sites I've visited do have that info.

At least, this gives a good idea of what to expect out there. The info
is readily available.