[opendtv] Re: News: Telly home theater PC line (can you read this ?)...YUP!

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:16:05 -0500

Posted for Jeroen
********************************

Hi,

@#$%^&* !!

This time I did not send anything special, no wild formatted text,
only 2 URL links. And still it got converted to UU or something.
I don't get it, grrr... Blame it on Lotus Notes, as usual...   :-(

This was my message, and this time I did not make "hotspots":

See: http://www.chait.net/index.php?p=556 &
http://www.chait.net/index.php?p=556&page=2
and:
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/dvrs/12tb-teratelly-launches-026758.php

"WESTMINSTER, Colo., Dec. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ – Interact-TV™ ,
a leading developer of home entertainment servers, today expands
its Telly Home Entertainment Server line by introducing the new
TeraTelly model GS1250 with 1.2 Terabytes of digital media storage
in a compact device ideal for any stereo cabinet or entertainment
center. TeraTelly models begin shipping in December 2004 with the
first showing of the product at the upcoming January 2005 Consumer
Electronics Show, Booth 26821. This introduction marks the avail-
ability of the largest home media storage capacity available to
date in a single compact unit, at a ground breaking price of $1999."

"Interact-TV has launched a 1.2TB version of their Telly home theater
PC line, cleverly referring to it as the TeraTelly. Like previous
models, the TeraTelly runs a customized version of Linux rather than
Windows Media Center, and is reasonably upgradeable as well (...)"

Greetings,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx    |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Philips Digital Systems Laboratories   |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2    |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands  |
| Pager:    ++31.6.65133818     | Website: http://www.pdsl.philips.com/  |