[opendtv] Re: News: Television industry faces dark times

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:47:21 -0700

Dan wrote:
>you can extend a record time beyond the scheduled recording in case it goes
long.  I do this with every >sporting event I tape.  Can you not do this
with a MVPD's PVR?

Yes, I also extend most sporting events; the DirecTV PVR functionality
echoes that of TIVO and I assume that most MPVD devices do the same.

  With DVD recorders (w/ or w/o hard disks) and VCRs, you can extend a
record time beyond the scheduled recording in case it goes long.  I do this
with every sporting event I tape.  Can you not do this with a MVPD's PVR?

  Dan