[opendtv] Re: News: TV Braces for the Apple Tablet

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 17:27:14 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> The fact is Bert that we chose poorly.

You, and others, continue to make a bigger issue of this than it deserves to be.

While I would not doubt that DVB-T2 would have been a better choice had it been
available at the time, let me just say that with antennas in fireplace, and
snow up the freekin' ying yang this morning, I can attain solid reception of
local stations, and even Baltimore's ABC2 (which is actually UHF). And this was
also true when it was coming down the hardest.

And yes, even the local VHF stations.