[opendtv] Re: News: See the Big Picture? Don't Forget to Examine the Fine Print

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 18:58:23 +0100

OK, I'll accept that. The word analogue was required to avoid confusion.
Also, you should have taken out "BBC" because although ALL UK analogue
channels are 4:3, they sometimes carry widescreen programming
cropped/letterboxed to 14:9 and sometimes deep letterboxed as 16:9. BBC
Sport doesn't do either, they crop to 4:3 so that it fills the screen in
analogue. It's very dangerous making statements about what's actually done
in the UK, without direct access to it to check.