[opendtv] Re: News: STUDY SHOWS DOWNLOADERS BUY SONGS TOO

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 17:26:16 -0700

yep, I agree with every word, Barry.

But, just because they were lying back then, doesn't mean that they are
lying now.  Time will tell, just as it told about their lies in the early
1970's, and the early mid 1980's.  I worked as a music jobber in the 1980s.
about cassette copies -- even while the industry was routinely issuing
shitty cassettes.  They whined about how CDs would wreck the business.

Some of the current whining is just this pre-CD stuff, now unleashed after
CDs have peaked.

But, only a part of it.  All one has to do is talk to three music lovers
under the age of 29.  It's very difficult to find anyone that has actually
bought an album in a year or two.  Many in this age group think that anybody
who pays for music -- even Ipod users -- is a chump.

That mentality never existed before.  And, it's among the key demo for music
buyers.