[opendtv] Re: News: Pirated software used to create help content in Microsoft's Windows XP

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:08:46 -0500

It's embarrassing to the Nth degree, but legally, I don't think it matters how
many times those files have been distributed, or how much revenue or profit
Microsoft has made from software that includes those files.

If I make $10 million dollars with my Infocaster digital signage software, the
software still costs me the same as if I had made $10.

In other words, the damage to the Sound Forge folks is the retail price of
exactly one copy of their software.