[opendtv] Re: News: Paxson Challenges Must-Carry Decision

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:36:58 -0700

another interesting point: they could maintain three virtual channels of the
same content with 1/3 the bandwidth utilization by having the virtual
channels referring to a single MPEG program service, instead of three
separate (apparently duplicated) program services.

Even if they only dupe part of the day, they could find bits when they do
duplicate.

Of course, with so many null packets, they are apparently not concerned too
much about spectral efficiency.