[opendtv] Re: News: Netflix Partner Says Comcast 'Toll' Threatens Onli

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:05:37 -0800

Bert wrote:

"Here's a fundamental point to consider: the concept of network QoS is
totally meaningless if it doesn't go hand in hand with differentiated COSTS
OF SERVICE. All we are talking about here is how you differentiate the cost
of service, for different categories of subscribers."

Yes, I agree that differentiating services can be a positive thing.  No, I
do not think Comcast is going about it the right way.  In fact, the way
they are doing it is suspect and points to a different motive.  Any Comcast
executives out there that can enlighten us?

Dan