[opendtv] Re: News: NTIA Wants to Up The Ante For DTV Transition

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:48:48 -0800

I am hearing more and more anecdotal evidence for acquaintances that the
reason only 50% of the coupons are used is because they expire before the
recipient can use them.  It happened to me and it has happened to several
that I know just recently.  When enquiring when they thought it would
expire, those that knew there was expiration thought the expiration was in
February 2009.

I contacted the NTIA through their website hoping for a reason for the
short explanation and to see if they would consider allowing me to get
replacement coupons or extend the expiration.  I've yet to hear from
anyone.

Dan