[opendtv] Re: News: Microsoft, Philips Offer New White Space Test Results

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:11:04 -0700

Is there an n+7 / -6 issue with 8-VSB?  I thought dtv receivers didn't
commonly employ 45 mhz if sections.  I can see n+/- 1 and n+/- 2 (splatter).

Of course, this would be less of a problem if all stations are forced to use
SFNs, and all txs for a market are present at each tx site.  Then, linearity
would help minimize interference.

And, we might as well think in that direction, because full co-location is
about as probable in the U.S. as is mandated use of SFNs.

John Willkie