[opendtv] Re: News: Microsoft, Philips Offer New White Space Test Results

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 14:26:31 -0700 (PDT)

Mobile devices should be prohibited from transmitting until they have listened
for the appropriate fixed station, which they
won't find.
But they also could find a local node in the vicinity of the hospital, which
could issue a
NET ALERT caution to not kill  Grandma....and THEN the kid could click on
OKAY......

Maybe Hospital scenario is solved with a node that prevents nearby
operations.....

PS: I've used various GPS receivers over the years and have verified many times:
GPS is a NON-STARTER for INDOOR use...

holl_ands

==============================
John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  body{font-family:
Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color:
#ffffff;color: black;}   So, these devices will also have a live online
connection and a gps device, and they will know how close they are to a
sporting venue, and what (unlicensed, but authorized) uses are made of which
frequencies at the venue, and they'l know how close they are to which
hospitals, and they'll know what (unlicensed, but authorized) use these
hospitals make in their ICUs and elsewhere of broadcast frequencies for patient
monitoring-equipment?
 What if the wsd is in a laptop, and junior comes to visit grandma, who is on
life support on her death bed?  Then, junior turns on his laptop to show
grandma the latest photos, and kills grandma, because his wsd turns on and was
using, at least for a second, the parameters that worked at home.
 You may have the home situation thought out; your scenario wouldn't work
outside of the home, or fixed devices.  Now, let's talk about people with WSDs
and evil intent, not ignorance ...

From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg"

> One could drive a hundred yards or so from good reception to abysmal
> reception. The transmission antenna heights are pretty low for some DC
> area
> stations, and the   terrain is pretty much hill and dale.

line.

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.