[opendtv] Re: News: McCain Slams Broadcasters

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:53:16 -0700

somebody hasn't been paying attention in (several fields.)

When the order was given to evacuate the buildings -- to the fire and police
personnel, not the general in/out alarms -- the message couldn't get through
due to jammed frequencies with all the emergency personnel in lower
manhattan, trying to communicate on their two ways, at the time.

It was in all the newspapers -- for months -- and featured on TV.  Oh, yeah,
on CABLE NEWS. and bert doesn't yet 'get' cable, and the long form news
content available there.