[opendtv] Re: News: Many Obstacles to Digital TV Reception, Study Says

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:35:58 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> And now reality begins to set in...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/11/technology/11analog.html?_r=1&th&emc=t
h&oref=slogin

> Many Obstacles to Digital TV Reception, Study Says

Journalists do like to go for the high drama.

I'm sure it's true that some rabbit ear users will lose reception of
some channels, especially if their analog reception was poor for those
channels. The opposite is also true, as in our case. The TV depending on
rabbit ears now gets "perfect" reception of channels that used to come
in with strong interference or ghost.

The "reality is," as Giuliani likes to say, it will be a mixed bag. The
better receivers are, the more it will favor digital reception.

But of course, we always knew this.