[opendtv] Re: News: Macintosh and iPod Drive Apple

  • From: "John Limpert" <john.a.limpert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 18:39:25 -0400

You largely get what you pay for. Apple has higher margins than most PC
vendors, but their prices are not that bad when you compare similar
hardware.

My Mac "just works", which is something I've never been able to say about
any of the Windows PCs that I've owned or used. If your time has no value,
that may not be important to you.

On 5/6/07, John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ISTR that you once said that Macs would never support Intel processors,
and
would never be able to run windows in any reasonable fashion.

I just bought a new cheap computer, with an LCD monitor.  It cost me less
than $435 dollars, with Windows XP.  For three times, I could have bought
new Mac that would be able to run windows.

Yeah, this Mac thing will really take over: maybe 5% of the computer
platforms at one TV station will be running Macs.  Maybe they should
change
their name back to Apple Computer to celebrate.