[opendtv] Re: News: Glitches Come to Light in Wilmington

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:19:16 -0400

Do you mean not changing the transmission standard or not changing the
receivers?

Could this better FEC be made to work with all legacy receivers?

The question always has been legacy receivers. If they are made
obsolete by any change are we not in affect changing the transmission
standard? And if so shouldn't we then vet all the latest and greatest
modulations and codecs?

If anyone wants to see such a combination we probably could arrange
that in California at the moment. With enough interest such a
demonstration could include DVB-T2 as well as CDMB-TH or DMB-TH or
whatever they are calling it this week.

http://www.itechnews.net/tag/cmmb/

Bob Miller