[opendtv] Re: News: Free but Fickle, DTV Eludes Some

  • From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:01:11 -0500

Here in Suncoast Florida our reception of DTV with fancy rabbit ears and no
wideband amplifier is substantially more satisfactory than NTSC was. This is
so with both Zenith and Magnavox set-top converters.  We live on a mountain
top 22' above sea level in Port Charlotte, so our terrain is favorable.

I suggest solving the Cliff effect by having him move to Southwest Florida
while you can still buy a good house for $100K.  We also have very little
snow, though daytime temperatures can dip as low as the high 60's.  Our
summers are probably a little cooler than where he lives, too, but more
rainy in the late afternoon.

Al