[opendtv] Re: News: FCC Sets Schedule for Next Round of White Space Tests

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:59:40 -0500

http://www.tvtechnology.com/pages/s.0015/t.10802.html

The FCC published their test procedure the day before yesterday, and posted it
yesterday:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch//DA-08-118A2.pdf

Seems comprehensive to me. My thinking is, what really killed the idea last
time around was the interference to cable reception, using the digital cable
receiver built into the sets used in the test. I'm not sure how any changes to
the new white space device sensing function can change that, other than maybe
sensing cable signal leakage?

(I'm hoping that $ donated to a Congressman's campaign chest won't change the
laws of physics. Even though donated $ do seem to affect the law of supply and
demand to a huge degree.)