[opendtv] Re: News: F.C.C. Reshapes Rules Limiting Media Industry

  • From: Don Moore <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:51:43 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/19/business/media/19fcc.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

The FCC is only adjusting to the real world.

Broadcasters and Newspapers are losing ground to National Outlets and Micro/Ultra-Local outlets.

We're not watching TV, we're watching Cable (or Satellite). The content generators are going direct to national distribution outlets, eventually they will go direct. EPIC 2014 and EPIC 2015 (multi-media presentation about the future of media) is not far off, even if its a few years old.

How we receive our content is more important than the middlemen that are being propped up.

Don Moore
Greensboro