[opendtv] Re: News: FCC Gives Telcos Big Video Victory

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:17:17 -0800

Wasn't it a different circuit that beat the hell out of them the other day
on obscenity/indecency?  I'm going to have to get the tapes; this was better
than the 'phone sex' proceedings of the 1980's.

I loved the comment from one judge that she had never heard of any research
that made the case that obscenity was harmful to children.  Aside from
age-appropriate issues, I've been making a similar argument about 'sex' for
a few decades.

John Willkie