[opendtv] Re: News: DirecTV price hike

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:15:06 -0500

Bob Miller wrote:

> At what level of OTA "interest" do we justify the use of this
> OTA spectrum? 5%, 7%? What if after the transition it drops to
> 2 or 3%?
>
> At what % do we admit there is a better use of this spectrum?

I'd say, for the time being, you and Craig can relax. The sale of CECBs
has been quite healthy, especially compared with predictions made on
this site in tha past. So there's no reason to wring hands just yet.

Matter of fact, the number of CECBs sold so far would be enough to cover
every single household in the UK, or in Italy, or in France.