[opendtv] Re: News: Dems Walk A Dangerous Path With Anti-Kerry-Film Complaint

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:06:01 -0400

At 12:12 PM -0700 10/15/04, Larry Bloomfield wrote:
>I was just curious. Thanks for the reply. I have to say though that it is
>getting to the point where I can wait for this DAMNED election to be over
>with so this forum can get back to the business of discussing broadcast
>related technical things and leave the politics to the blood suckers in
>Washington.

Larry

Unfortunately, like the world of analog television, the worlds of
television and politics are tightly coupled.  Remember, it is the
blood suckers in Washington that let this train wreck happen. They
love to create conflict between competing industries to enhance their
blood sucking abilities.

We are all the victims...
>   $40/mo for "Free TV"

If you were intellectually honest, you would recognize the fact that
this election is a referendum on the continued dominance of the
"Election Channel." It is now clear that the entrenched media
oligopoly is willing to use tactics, once associated with propaganda
machines like Pravda, to influence the outcome of the election.

The cracks in the dam are now quite visible. When it bursts things
could change dramatically.

This is especially true as it relates to appropriate allocation of
spectrum for applications that are in the public interest. We are
about to reach a major fork in the road that leads to the digital
future. We can create an infrastructure that can unleash phenomenal
innovation and economic growth, or we can let the blood suckers and
the media oligopoly have complete control over the flow of news,
information and entertainment.