[opendtv] Re: News: Dems Walk A Dangerous Path With Anti-Kerry-Film Complaint

  • From: "GerryK" <gerryk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:40:31 -0700

In the end, if the American electorate is so stupid and lazy that they
don't avail themselves of all the fact checking and free research available
in print or on the web, and decide to cast votes based solely
on what they have seen and heard on
COMMERCIAL TELEVISION
they they deserve whatever low-budget, high cost government they wind up
with.

Television advertising works -
people are buying over-powered sports utility vehicles with
off-road capabilities (Hummers) to drive in downtown Manhattan.

In the early part of the 20th Century, the newspaper barons ran the system.

So it's neither a good thing nor a bad thing for a media company to be
for or against any particular candidate or issue -

it's up to the people who vote to take the time and make their own
informed decision, and if the people don't do that, too bad!

Gerry Kaufhold in Arizona