[opendtv] Re: News: Dems Walk A Dangerous Path With Anti-Kerry-Film Complaint

  • From: "Brian Park" <floman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:43:31 -0500

Here is what Stolen Honor is about. From today's washingtonmonthly.com

bp

SWIFT BOAT LIES....Like most bloggers, I have my beefs with the mainstream
media. But you know what? They produce an awful lot of damn fine original
reporting.

Case in point. In August the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth charged that John
Kerry had lied about the events that led to his Silver Star. In order to
figure out if the SBVT account was true, Nightline sent a crew to Vietnam,
where they visited the hamlets of Tran Thoi and Nha Vi and interviewed the
local villagers to get their recollections of what really happened 35 years
ago. You can read the resulting story yourself, but it's summarized pretty
easily: Kerry was right and SBVT honcho John O'Neill wasn't.

But there was also this:

  Back in Tran Thoi, villager Nguyen Van Khoai said that about six months
ago he was visited by an American who described himself as a Swift boat
veteran and told him another American from the Swift boats was running for
president of the United States. Nguyen said the man was accompanied by a
cameraman.

  "They say he didn't do anything to deserve the medal," Nguyen said. "The
other day, they came and asked me the questions and I said that the
recognition for the medal is up to the U.S.A."

  He said that, after they met, the Swift Boat veteran and the cameraman
turned around and went back down the river. Nightline has not been able to
identify the men.

Unbelievable. The SBVT folks, hoping to dig up dirt on Kerry, interviewed
these villagers six months ago and have known the truth all along.

It wasn't just a case of differing recollections in the heat of the battle.
They knew the truth. But they went ahead and told their lies anyway.

What a revolting bunch of men. What a disgusting, repellent, sleazy
operation. And now Sinclair Broadcasting is about to air their movie.

Even worse, we still have three weeks to go. I wonder how much lower the
Bush team and their surrogates can sink in that time? And I wonder what
decent Republicans are going to do about it after Bush drags them down to
defeat in November?