[opendtv] Re: News: DVRs On the Rise

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:57:16 -0700

So, what we need to do, is to revive Jupiter Research reports from 2000 and
see just how well their last series of five year projections worked out.
Having a foot in the streaming media field, I know that Jupiter projected
that everybody would be watching streaming media by now.

In other words, DVRs for Jupiter, are this year's paying customer, and
they're slavish whores.

Don't they still pay their analysts based -- in part -- on how widely their
reports are cited?