[opendtv] Re: News: DTV Converter Prices Plummet

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:00:08 -0700

"I got notice from my Comcast cable provider that starting in the Fall all

subscribers will be moved to an all-digital expanded basic service."-John

It appears Cox Las Vegas does not plan on going digital any time soon.
Here at UNLV, we use Cox to feed the dorms.  When a student made a service
call to Cox, a service person came by despite the fact that UNLV is
required to service the on-campus infrastructure.  When the service
technician saw that the students were getting more than the basic analog
tier, the first 26 channels, and were getting digital channels, Cox
quickly announced that UNLV was distributing more than our contract
allowed.  They are going to install a clamp so that we will not be able to
get the clear QAM or analog channels above the first 26.

And back to the original subject, last month my parent's converter box had
a dead remote so we tried to return it to Best Buy for a new one.  No
stock.  In fact, I couldn't hardly find one in stock even on line.  Now
suddenly the off-market is flush with them.  Looks like there was actually
a stock that just couldn't make it to the retail outlets and have now been
let go since the coupons are done.

Dan