[opendtv] Re: News: DTV Boxes Could Cost $1 Billion

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:10:09 -0400

I don't want to be too much of a party pooper but we should remember
that many of us on this list were very elated a year or so ago because
of the Linx results.  And yet, for some reason, they are not yet on the
market.

I tend this time to believe the 5'th gen Zenith chip results because of
the credibility of the various folks involved in reporting it.

But I will be very disappointed if there is a long and unexplained delay
to market and we are instead asked to wait for a 6th generation of
anything.  I think this will be ATSC's last chance at credibility.

But hopefully this time will be enough, and proven soon with 5'th gen
cheap USDTV receivers in my local Walmart.

- Tom