[opendtv] Re: News: DIGITAL TV OPENS UP TWO-WAY OPPORTUNITIES

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:52:08 -0800

Well, you can set (at least the) the cp-7000's config file to pass on psip
pids, but there might be a 'pid collision' issue because you would then have
to combine several PSIP into the same QAM multiplex.

I should point out that this isn't the case in all situations.  I have been
told that Time-Warner Manhattan cable is now creating their own CVCT for at
least one network-owned station.

John Willkie

From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Point taken.  So, the argument from stripping PSIP out of the multiplex --
> which the FCC explicitly requires cable to pass on -- is _____?

That a Terayon CherryPicker (or some other bit grooming product) only gloms
onto video and audio PIDs for repackaging?

John