[opendtv] Re: News: Cable Nets Advertise Open Letter

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:26:55 -0500

Back from work and I did a bit more web searching:

A&E -  a joint venture of the Hearst Corporation, ABC, Inc., and NBC
        <http://www.aetv.com/global/corporate/index.jsp?NetwCode=AEN>

Discovery - Libery Media, Cox Communications, Advance/Newhouse,
                 John S. Hendricks
        <http://corporate.discovery.com/finance/shareholders.html>

Food Network - Scripps - a diversified media concern with interests in
        newspapers, broadcast television stations, cable television
        networks and interactive media.  Appears mostly owned and
        controlled by Edward W. Scripps.  I didn't follow if further.

CNN, TBS - AOL/TW

Hallmark - Crown Media Holdings - Which is owned mostly by
        Hallmark Cards Inc (55%) and about 5% by GM

TWC -  Landmark Commications, privately held but a partner with Cox
        in Trader Publishing)
          <http://www.landmarkcom.com/about/index.php>

Generally I can see cable links in many of the above and might even
assume that AOL/TW is more on the side of cable than their WB stations.

But what's up with A&E?   You would think that Disney & NBC would not be
too happy with that statement.

- Tom