[opendtv] Re: News: Cable Nets Advertise Open Letter

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:28:12 -0500

WB is a cable only channel in our market (Lansing, MI, #110).  A local
broadcaster sells ad time on the WB channel but the spots are inserted at
the cable head end just like any other cable channel.

This station may or may not carry WB as a subchannel on their DT mix.  They
currently do not carry it.  However, they were an ABC affiliate that until
recently did carry the ABC News Now service, so the capacity is now
available.

John