[opendtv] Re: News: CEA FORECASTS CONSUMER ELECTRONICS REVENUE WILL SURPASS $155 BILLION IN 2007

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:03:31 -0800

Your analysis is spot on IMO. I easily see the difference on my 50" DLP set
between HDTV* and PAL CDs played from my multi format DVD player (using
component output) on my 50" DLP set.

And, as you mention, the PAL DVD, like NTSC, has more available bandwidth
than does the analog broadcast versions.

*= Clearly all programs presented as HDTV, at least on DirecTV, are not of
HDTV quality and are sometimes from digital SD wide screen sources.