[opendtv] Re: News: CEA FORECASTS CONSUMER ELECTRONICS REVENUE WILL SURPASS $155 BILLION IN 2007

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:08:27 -0800

By my way of calculation, if we had had an 8 mhz system, we would have AT
LEAST 1/3 fewer TV stations than we do today.  No Fox, no WB/UPN/CW.  Fewer
independents.

And, we would have had to wait more than a few years later for color - or
early adopters would have had to turn in their non-compatible TV sets for
PAL ones.

But, the color would have been better!

John Willkie

  _____