[opendtv] Re: News: Broadcasters Mass for DTV Carriage Push

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:52:57 -0700

speaking of NBC Weather Plus -- a service largely available on DTV sets,
although it's also available on cable here and there -- it, largely
unheralded, raised $7 mm for Hurricane relief in a "telethon" on Wednesday.
Call if the first significant "revenue" from dtv.

I agree with you, Mitch, although I would not put a public interest
programming requirement for digital must carry of program services (there
are no specific digital public service requirements for DTV stations, even
though Kennard tried, although the docket item is still open.)

To get digital multicast must carry, broadcaters NEED to be multicasting.