[opendtv] Re: News: Broadcasters File "Emergency Action" To Delay White Spaces Vote

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:48:24 -0400

At 7:15 PM -0400 10/20/08, Mark Schubin wrote:
Craig Birkmaier wrote:
Do you think that the high concentration of WiFi devices in your neighborhood is preventing any of them from working properly in the local environment (apartment) for which they are intended?
You betcha!

The reason I have Network Stumbler on my laptop is to survey the mess and pick the least-used channel. If I don't, my WiFi is touch and go.

Thanks for the response Mark. I guess I have been enjoying the luxury of a single family home on a big lot for too long now.

But this does point out a modern day reality. Wi Fi has been a huge success, and as a result there is congestion in high density population areas.

How many of the people who have installed those 67 WiFi access points that you are sniffing use the OTA TV service? How many would like more spectrum for better WiFi and improved and/or cheaper broadband service?