[opendtv] Re: News: Broadcasters File "Emergency Action" To Delay White Spaces Vote

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

Please reread FCC OET Report FCC/OET 07-TR-1005 (it's only 28 pgs long):
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/info/documents/

Verizon FIOS cable feed was nearly new, quad-shielded RG-6 taken direct from
garage and also inside a house...plus a townhome.

EMC was noted as being coupled directly to LCDs under test, vice the cable.
EMI was in ballpark of 5-10+ dBm EIRP.
That means WSD EIRP would need to be much less than 10 mW to prevent EMI,
rather than 40-100 mW
proposed for customer devices.

I would also be curious to see tests run on DTVs with a lot less metal in them,
such as RPTVs, plastic case DTVs,
PC tuners and unshielded USB Sticks.   They will probably find acceptable EIPR
levels are much lower....

holl_ands