[opendtv] Re: News: Broadcasters File "Emergency Action" To Delay White Spaces Vote

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:04:22 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:
And where were the broadcasters with the massive uptake of wireless microphones, the vast majority of which have never been properly licensed?
I'll leave the question of where broadcasters were to broadcasters, but I'd like to note that "massive uptake" of wireless microphones and "massive uptake" of wireless internet devices are of different orders of magnitude.

As I am writing this, I am using Network Stumbler to note WiFi devices that my laptop (with no special antenna), at home, is currently seeing. It has just found 67 of them, 26 on channel 6, alone. I doubt I could detect a single wireless mic here, and I live pretty close to a number of theaters and the ABC flagship station.

TTFN,
Mark