[opendtv] Re: News: Apple's television could offer superior

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:04:30 -0600

Mike Tsinberg wrote:

> I can possibly use PC with my TV but my wife will not. But with
> iPad I can browse the web while watching TV then airplay the
> content to my TV through AppleTV.

Mike, tell me this. Why can't a TV be built to browse the web as easily as your
iPad or Kindle Fire can?

If you want to use the same sort of user interface exactly, instead of a remote
mouse, why not provide a pad that you can swipe, while sitting on the couch,
and watch the effect of that motion on the TV screen?

That's just one of many possibilities. I think a huge percentage of the
population has gotten very familiar with browsing the web, on any number of
devices. I just can't understand why everybody becomes a luddite when they
watch TV.